Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday's Poem: Abbey's, period 4.

The Empty Reality
Peace is fine,
If all is well,
Give me a call,
Because I can tell,
When you don't tell me every thing there is to know...
You've got a way of letting it show.
The empty reality you call your life,
Is a shame to human life,
Bringing all thats well to dispise...
You.
The pent up anger that lerks inside me,
Is really you just sitting beside me,
Peace is but a word of rage.
You take a dagger to my heart,
A knife to my soul,
You eat my sanity in a silver metal bowl.
Why?
What did I ever do...
To you.
My best friend starts to betray me,
She says your going out,
She said you were the answer,
But my head is filled with doubt,
Today we never speak,
I blame this all...
On you.
Is it me that is wrong?
All the proof is there...
In all due respect you were a horrible pair,
I don't wish you death,
I wish you years of pain,
But that still won't add up,
to my year of me going insane.
But its time to move on,
Whats done is done,
I admit, you have one.
Are you happy that you took my life and friends?
But in years to come,
when wisdom comes with age,
Who will see that its an eye for an eye?
You.

Jessica Charlie

9 comments:

  1. I love this poem. It's fierce and up front and I feel like I can unfortunately relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...
    Uh...
    With all due respect to the author, that was one of the worst poems I've ever heard. One can obviously tell that Jessica Charlie is, or was at least at the time this was written, a blubbering, aggravated 17-year old. The meaning of it was no mystery. The poem seems to have derived from a half-witted, breakup message Jessica sent to her ex via Myspace, with a choppy rhyme scheme. It almost angers me that one would consider this poetry. No offense to Abby for bringing it in, by the way. 0/10

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem is not catchy like most and is very straight forward. New stuff is always good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the poem is was just a way for Jessica to oviously let out some anger that has been bottling up. I guess its not the best poem I have heard, but I think it was an overall good way to express her feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the author has a little bit of a rhyme scheme. I feel like it shows that she tried to make a poem. I also like the emotions behind the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to disagree with those who think this isn't poetry. Haven't we been learning since elementary school that if it comes from the heart it's poetry? If it has a rhyme scheme--even if it is choppy--it's a poem? The author may be some "blubbering 17-year-old" but how is she any different from Taylor Swift (I'm not defending or promoting Taylor Swift....I can't stand her most of the time).

    Anyway, I enjoyed the poem. I thought that the straightforward message behind the authors simple diction and broken syntax was a nice change from the traditional, complex poems that take a team of poetry analysts to uncover the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anna Marie
    Haha, it's funny because I was just coming back to this post to comment again when I read your comment. I was going to come back, half-apologetically, and give it a 1/10 instead of a 0/10. I realized that it is still an expression of emotion, therefore it is art. Yet, I still don't like it. Thanks, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually think the poem is quite interesting. It tells of the high school drama is at times, which is a thing in its own. I really enjoyed the line "A knife to my soul". This really gives a deep image of how she really feels hurts. This girl seems to have many problems, and she used poetry as a medium to express them to the world. Hopefully she was able to feel better and get over her hardships. The reference to the roman law "an eye for an eye" is also a really good illustration of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I disagree with "E"'s comment, I thought it was a pretty interesting poem. I like how the rhyme breaks when Jessica uses the word "you," it kept me interested.

    ReplyDelete